Autonomous Robotic Vehicle
From Matt Bilsky
For my 11th grade science fair in 2006 project I built an autonomous robot based around a Sony Vaio laptop and Lego RCX.
I was able to salvage the transparencies I used for my presentation to the PJAS (Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science) which I scanned and uploaded below.
I built a simple wooden frame with 2 caster wheels and two wheels powered by Lego motors. an IR sensor was attached to the front for obstacle detection along with a Garmin V GPS for location.
The laptop would process the data from the GPS and send/receive information to the RCX via serial. This project would have been a lot easier today with the advent of Arduino
- 1st Place: PJAS Regional Science and State Science Fairs
- 1st Place: Montgomery County Science Fair
- 1st Place: IEEE Award
- Honorable Mention: American Society of Highway Engineers Award
- Delaware River Port Authority Award
- Pennsylvania Society of Professional Engineers Award